There comes a time in the workflow of healthcare practitioners when patient charts need to be merged; usually this is the case when there are duplicate charts for a single patient.
So what exactly happens when charts are merged in AVA EMR?
When charts are merged, information from one duplicate chart will be added into the other and the AVA user is left with a single chart containing all of the patient’s information.
In order to merge two or more patient charts in AVA EMR please make sure the following prerequisites are met:
a) Only the chart you are merging into has an identifier (such as a PHN). If both charts have an identifier or neither charts have an identifier this will not work.
Merging Patient Charts #
1. Hover over the Panel option on the navigation bar and select Merge Charts from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the black plus sign in the top-right corner to create a new merge request.
Note: Merge requests will be sent to the AVA team for approval.
3. On the left side of the arrow, select the patient chart you would like to move information from.
To do this, use the Last Name field to search up the chart and click on the patient’s name.
Note: This should be the chart with less information.
4. On the right side of the arrow you can select the chart you would like to move information to.
To do this, repeat the process from step 3.
Note: This chart should have the most information about the patient already filled in, as well as have the preferred identifier on it.
5. Click the green Send Request button at the bottom right of the page to submit the merge request.
Note: You may have to scroll down to see it.
Get more help by contacting our email: emr-support [[@]] avaindustries [[dot]] ca