To allow new users to receive electronic lab results directly into the EMR, you must set up their eDelivery settings. This article will provide instructions on how to do so.
This article assumes:
a) You have eDelivery setup for your clinic. If other physicians are receiving e-labs, this has been set up.
b) You have applied for lab IDs for the new physician.
For assistance with these prerequisites, please contact AHS
Note: Physicians cannot use their lab IDs from other EMRs or locations in AVA. Lab IDs are specific to a clinic location AND the EMR.
1) Navigate to My Account -> Clinic Management -> Employees -> Edit -> External Service IDs -> New.
Note: If you belong to multiple clinics, please ensure you have the correct one selected by using the drop down on top left of the Clinic Management page.
2) Select an ID to enter by using the drop down.
Note: The option labeled as Connect Care – Receiving (Prodier Epic ID) is equivalent to Connect Care Provider ID
3) Enter the corresponding number into the Identifier Number field and click Save.
4) Repeat the process for each ID the physician has.
Note: It is not necessary to have all the IDs listed on the drop down. Only the IDs which have been provided by AHS for the provider are needed.
If you are setting up eDelivery for a locum, please ensure that you do one of the following when the locum leaves the clinic.
- Cancel their lab delivery
- Set up a task router to send all their incoming tasks to the usual physician
- Manually monitor their task inbox
Get more help by contacting our email: emr-support [[@]] avaindustries [[dot]] ca